Saturday, June 02, 2007

quick update

Things have kept me too busy to post.




Graduation was cool.
There was a huge protest because Andrew Card was getting a honorary doctorate, but I already wrote a diary about that on kos (it made the recommended list, which has never happened to me before. There I go, chipping away at my 15 minutes of fame) so I’m not going to write about it here. The ceremony itself was very long, and I suppose excruciating to viewers, but I had a blast.




Afterwards Dick and Marti took Bob, Naomi, Jay, Pat, Amy, Jesse, Leslie, James, Vance and I out to Carmelina’s. Funnest diner I’ve had in ages. Might have been the champagne, might’ve been just watching everyone talk, talk, talk. That was last Friday the 25, which was also my birthday. We were staying at Pat’s and so were Amy Leslie and James.
Here we are on the way to dinner.


Saturday Pat made a fabulous brunch and then we went to see the new Pirates of the Caribbean. We liked it; I don’t know what the critics who say it’s hard to follow are talking about. And then we came home. I have been fighting the poison ivy in the yard (and it has been fighting me back, ow) and doing lots of the other little errands and chores I have let slide for the past year or two. Nice to have the time.

Today we went to the Blackbeard Pirate Festival in Hampton.
Tall ships, pirates everywhere-- this guy was drawing everyone’s attention to the pirate ship that was about to overtake a merchant vessel out on the river.
We are definitely going back next year.

1 Comments:

Blogger GwynF said...

Many congrats to all concerned.

Arr.

9:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home